Track proven. Canyon approved.
Some bikes are so expertly designed, they become an extension of the rider.
The Honda CBR600RR is that machine. It’s the perfect bike to use as a weekday commuter, a weekend canyon bike and of course, cutting laps on the track.
There are a lot of reasons it’s so good at so much. Starting with its size. Compact, light, a tribute to Honda’s understanding of mass centralization, the four-cylinder engine revs like nothing you’ve ever ridden, unless you’ve ridden a MotoGP racer. The chassis (an aluminum twin-spar design) is the basis of the CBR600RR’s laser-sharp handling. Brakes? You can choose between its conventional triple-disc setup or opt for a special version with Honda’s revolutionary Combined Anti-Lock Braking System (C-ABS), the first ever on a production Supersport motorcycle.
No matter if it’s on the track or the street, the 2017 CBR600RR is a winner. Without a doubt, the definitive 600cc Supersport.
A Winner on the Track and Street: We’re not going to tell you that your new CBR600RR can go up against MotoGP World Champion Marc Marquez’s Honda RC213V, but we will tell you that there’s plenty of technology proven on the track built into every Honda sportbike engine and chassis. And the CBR600RR is no exception.
Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD): The compact HESD helps maintain predictable high-speed handling and low-speed maneuverability. Way more sophisticated than a simple fixed-rate damper, it’s one of the keys to the CBR600RR’s extraordinary handling.
- Dual-Stage Fuel Injection: Two sets of injectors per cylinder ensure both low- and high-rpm performance. You get near-instantaneous high-rpm response, along with great low-rpm metering and clean running.
- Dual-Stage Ram Air: A nose-mounted, two-stage ram air system provides a high volume of cool air to the air box for linear power delivery and superb engine performance.
- Honda Electronic Steering Damper: Most steering dampers only sense handlebar-deflection speed. The Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD) is way more sophisticated. It also detects vehicle speed, and adjusts damping proportionally. That helps maintain low-speed maneuverability while providing excellent, predictable high-speed handling.
- Unit Pro-Link® Suspension: By eliminating the frame-mounted top shock mount; Unit Pro-Link isolates the chassis from bumps, resulting in more precise handling and better traction. Developed on Honda’s championship-winning MotoGP bikes, it’s a perfect example of the CBR’s superior engineering.
- Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) Inverted Fork: The HMAS cartridge fork features an exclusive internal piston construction. The innovative design employs smaller-diameter pistons to keep oil velocity high for improved damping characteristics and an expanded range of adjustability. The result: you get more precise suspension performance, especially over smaller surface irregularities.
- Radial Mounted Front-Brake Calipers: The CBR600RR uses radial-mounted monoblock front-brake calipers. This construction makes the caliper stiffer, and that means you get better brake feel for more linear, powerful stopping. Each caliper also uses four chromium-plated aluminum pistons for smooth, friction-free operation.
- Line-beam headlights: Line-beam headlights feature a two-piece reflector design that utilizes two H7 bulbs for optimum light distribution and unique compact design. The result: the headlight helps you see better and also helps make you visible to traffic.
- Centrally Located Fuel Tank: The CBR600RR’s 4.8-gallon fuel tank is positioned in the center of the chassis and low in the frame. This allows for a more compact design, but even more important helps centralize the bike’s mass. Increased mass centralization means the CBR is more responsive to rider input, especially when leaning the bike into a turn or standing it up at the exit.
- 12-Spoke Wheels: With their consistent rigidity and balance, these sharp-looking 12-spoke cast aluminum wheels work with the fork and enhance suspension feedback to deliver real handling improvements.
- Engine Type: 599cc Liquid-Cooled Inline Four-Cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 67 mm x 42.5 mm
- Induction: Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) with 40 mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Compression Ratio: 12.2:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive: #525 O-ring chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm inverted Big Piston Fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; TBD in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Unit Pro-Link® HMAS™ single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 5.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full-floating 310 mm discs
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 220 mm disc
- Front Tire: 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 180/55ZR-17 radial
- Rake: 23.5 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 97.7 mm (3.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 53.9 in.
- Seat Height: 32.3 in.
- Curb Weight: 410 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: TBD*
- Model ID: CBR600RR
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Red/Black
Factory Warranty Information
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.